AI System Architect JD
We are a multi-national, fabless semiconductor company providing solutions in Smart Sensors and Power Management across Mobile, IoT, Serves and Personal Computing. Our products include Artificial Intelligence (AI) which interface with compute platforms to optimize system functions, performance, cost and power.
We are looking for someone with systems architecture experience in both hardware and software including ASIC/SoC development. Someone who enjoys leadership roles in solving problems with key customers and global development teams. Someone who likes to make a difference and impact the industry.
This is a diverse assignment covering problem solving across our portfolio. It will include research and Industry-level representation; key customer and key management engagements; leading/overseeing technology implementation on a global scale.
A primary focus will be on researching, defining and implementing artificial intelligence and machine learning for advanced sensor and power management products merged with IoT, Edge and High End Computing applications to enable new market solutions.
Oversee the definition of our next generation solutions. The role will span our development portfolio and work directly with our development teams, marketing and customers to envision, define and develop solutions. Strategically, the candidate will be assessing system opportunities, identifying key IP needs; and helping to define our hardware and software roadmaps.
Direct responsibilities include developing and specifying macro architecture solutions; assuring continuity of next-level architectures and implementation of hardware, ICs, software and tools; harmonizing interfaces, IP re-use, models and tools to provide consistent user experiences, performance and efficient use of IP and resources.
Skills and Qualifications
- BSEE/CS required; MS/PhD in EE or CS preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of system and component architecture experience
- Desired knowledge in: memory systems, neural networks, standard interfaces; analog-digital convertors; sensor performance; power management technologies; multi-mode operation; low power techniques; system modeling and simulation; semiconductor process and design
- Ability to assess and make trade-offs between requirements, functionality, performance, cost, size and power at the system level
- Fundamental understanding of software development; programming skills optional
- Skilled at partitioning at HW/SW-level and sub-levels
- In-depth knowledge of ASIC/SoC design and process selection
- Comfortable and effective in a global team environment
- Self-motivated and results focused